Monday, November 4, 2013

Book Release Event



After three years of writing and revising and more revising...the day had come.
My second book, The Dragon Forest II: Son of the Oath was released in late September, 2013!!

So, it was time to celebrate with family and friends.

Book Signing/Reading Event

This past Saturday I hosted my book release event at the Foothills Branch Library in Glendale, AZ.

It was such a gorgeous day out and we had many friends and family stop by.


The books were set up and we were ready to go!





I spoke about the inspiration for my Dragon Forest trilogy...



...and then read a chapter from the book. I am so nervous reading for adults! I'm not used to it.



One happy author right there! Relieved that people actually showed up!

Time for cake!  My friend, Catherine, made me a dragon cake.





My wonderfully supportive husband slicing my dragon cake. It was yummy!!



So grateful for the Foothills Public Library. They are very supportive of new local authors.




Celebrating with good friends!








At the end, we relaxed at dinner with family. I had a chilled glass of wine. That did the trick!

It takes so much time to complete a book. It requires patience and dedication to edit the book down. Most of all, it takes faith in God to wait for that book to come out!

I am grateful to ALL who make it possible: my husband for helping and supporting me, my AWESOME editors for sharing their talents, knowledge, and skills, my publisher for believing in a new author and seeing potential in my stories, and my friends for listening to all my whining and complaining!

I am eternally grateful to the Lord for bestowing on me this little gift of seeing my books in the hands of readers. No bigger thrill than that!


Thank you all who took the time out of a busy day to share in my joy!

Blessings,
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment