Monday, August 6, 2012

I Love Writing Because...



Blogging will be light this week as I am in new teacher training, but I did want to ask a question...

Why do you love writing so much?

What was it about writing that drew you in? 

Okay, that's two questions. Sorry!  But I am curious what makes a person partake of this journey.


For me writing was a way to escape. My mom gave me a type writer when I was in grade school and I would write story after story only to throw them all away due to embarrassment. I even drew one book cover for one of my love stories. Ha! I enjoyed writing. It was fun for me.

I never thought about writing as a possible career until later, but the desire to create places or scenes that are real to the reader is what drew me into this writing journey. I see it as a way to reveal to people the wonderful workings of God and His principles whether in fantasy or contemporary genres.

How about you?



Blessings,
Ruth

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting question. I guess I've never thought of WHY I do it, except that I love it. I've always had things in my head that couldn't stay there. They had to get out on paper. I'd spend countless hours doing it, and loved the flow of creativity. Now, it's a challenge, but one I still enjoy. I love making a scene come alive, and I love to use words in a way that captures beauty. Something about it.

    Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can so relate! I have so many stories that want to come out. I don't have a love of words...yet! But I am working on it. So far so good (with training)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love this question! Here's why: I'm not sure I love writing as much as I love stories. Don't get me wrong...I love to express myself in writing. I love to sit down and let the words flow. I get seriously excited about finding the perfect word or phrase or sentence...

    BUT, I *adore* stories. I love, love, love a well-crafted, make-you-laugh-and-cry-and-swoon story. That's what keeps me going as a fiction writer. I can write emails, I can write grant proposals at my day job, I can write letters, I can write through blogging...and I'm sure I always will. But it's the love of story that has me waking up at 5 a.m. to write, staying up late to finish a scene, going to conferences and that jazz.

    So, I love writing. but I love-love-love stories. That's what drew me in... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Great answer Melissa. I can write too...but there is something about telling a story huh? I love to tell stories that transport the reader to another world or shock them with a twist. It never gets old!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete